Ceiling Fan 132cm 52" DC
Ceiling Fans are a must have for summer. While air conditioners may be the preferred option for most indoor heating, ceiling fans are versatile enough to use indoor and outdoor, and is perfect when used in outdoor open air sheltered areas as an extension to your beautiful home or creative space.
Installing a modern ceiling fan in every room offers the option for energy saving on days where it is not too warm for air conditioning, or even complement air conditioning while offering deep cost savings without the requirement for heavy conditioning electricity needs.
Using a ceiling fan whenever possible allows you to experience and enjoy the natural air and temperature with open windows while having a cooling breeze - a total pleasure for summer. For indoor or rooms with a direct overhead light, consider a ceiling fan with lights for a minimal room finish and minimise blade spin distruptions over ceiling lights.
How to Choose A Ceiling Fan for Your Home?
Heads up: When it comes to cooling down your room quickly, a ceiling fan is undoubtedly the better choice. Here are few tips to help you avoid buyer’s remorse and buy the right ceiling fan for your home.
Budget, Location & Size
First off, decides your budget. Once you have provided a particular amount of money in a budget to buy or replace new ceiling fans, the next thing to think of is to determine the size of the room you want to place the ceiling fan in. Do you want to put it indoors or outdoor? You need to account for one meter between the fan blade and the wall.
As an example, a 150cm living room ceiling fan should fit a room size of at least 350 x 350cm. Secondly, determine the height of the ceiling. There should be at least 2.3m and above of height in the room.
Will You Need A Light?
Choose from classic to contemporary lights to compliment the look of your fan and your room. Selecting the proper type of bulb ensures ease of use, proper color temperature, and visual appeal.
- LED lights offer the most energy efficient solution to lighting. They consume less power than traditional lights, and last much longer (over 25,000 hours in some cases). Because of their long lasting nature, ceiling fans with LED lights are ideal for locations where changing the light bulb may be difficult, such as fans installed on very high ceilings. Although they save money over the long term, LED lights are more expensive than other options like fluorescent or halogen. Most LED lights are now dimmable.
Halogen types of bulb consume 15% less energy than traditional incandescent lights. Halogen lights create the most heat temperature wise. They also tend to produce a warmer, more welcoming light that is appropriate for living rooms or dining rooms. All halogen lights are dimmable with the appropriate dimming control.
- Fluorescent bulbs use compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFL) and use 75% less energy than incandescent lights. Fluorescent light bulbs have a longer lifespan than halogen bulbs, but not as long as LEDs. CFL bulbs are typically not dimmable, so it is not advised to use them as the sole lighting source for a multi-use room. CFL bulbs are also not recommended for fixtures where the bulb is exposed, due to their visual nature.
Efficiency & Airflow
Many modern ceiling fans come with four or five or even more blades. Many people assume the more blades the more air moved, but in fact more blades create drag. Three blades, such as what you see on giant wind turbines, are most efficient, but four or five blades are quieter and more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
Instead, what you should look out for is the size of your ceiling fan. Here’s an easy reference to keep in mind:
- Living rooms or larger bedrooms: 56 to 60 inches
- Bedrooms or small living rooms: 44 to 56 inches
- Balconies or smaller bedrooms: Less than 44 inches
Finishing & Fan Control
Motor finishing is something to consider when you prefer a match with your cabinet hardware and doorknobs. Meanwhile, another great tip for you is to consider the blade finishing to match or complement the flooring, furniture and paint color.
- Remote fan control: Perfect choice for convenience and high ceilings
- Wall control: Perfect for families with kids and multi-purpose rooms
- Reverse rotation: Perfect for seasonal changes and climate control
- A pull chain: Suitable for guest room and a low profile fans
7Pandas Australia stocks a wide range of modern, contemporary stylish design ceiling fans. Our ceiling fans with light is one of our bestselling range of ceiling fans, aside from our timber ceiling fans.
Our Ceiling Fan Melbourne warehouse holds the inventory to ensure fast shipping to our customers.
|RELATED BLOGS & ARTICLES on Ceiling Fan|
This article will assist you why you should choose to have a ceiling fan for your outdoor space, and tell you everything there is to know about these nifty little devices..
In this post, we will discuss different features and types of ceiling fans in your home and some tips on selecting the right one for you. So if you are ready to add some pizzazz to your space, keep reading!
Would you like to sleep comfortably cool while saving electricity? Our article showcases ten different ways to style your island with Ceiling Fans.